We hope you can join us for Plants, Pests and Pathogens, Tuesday 2/22/2011 at 10am.
You can participate in this two-hour training opportunity for Master Gardeners and Horticulture Agents via your computer, or you can go to one the of downlink sites. To participate from your computer:
- Log In by 9:30 am. Include your county with your name and leave the password field blank
- Take a few minutes ahead of time to visit the page on How to Use Elluminate. Check to be sure that you have downloaded the free software required to run the program. There are one page reference guides and tutorials available.
Schedule for February 22 Session:
- 10:05 am- Regional Update, Coastal Plains: Bob Filburn, Edgecombe County Horticulture, Apiculture, Local Foods Initiative, and Forestry-- Green Thumbs on Wheels
- 10:10 am-Regional Update, Piedmont: David Goforth, Carbarrus County, Horticulture
- 10:15 am- Regional Update, Mountain/Foothills: Cliff Ruth, Commerical Horticulture, Henderson and Transylvania Counties-- Weed Scouting Class
- 10:20 am- Featured Speaker: Hannah Burrack, Assistant Professor of Entomology and Extension Specialist, tobacco and Small Fruits
- 11:00 am- Entomology: David Stephan, NCSU PDIC, Insect Identification Specialist, 40 years experience
- 11:35 am- Current Issues in Plant Pathology: Mike Munster, PDIC, Plant Pathologist and Diagnostician of Commercial Ornamentals